Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 28, 2017, 04:12:08 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: SMF - Just Installed!

+  Game Over Forum
|-+  General Category
| |-+  News
| | |-+  March 11th 2009
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: March 11th 2009  (Read 8401 times)
Wire
Administrator
Heavy Mario

View Profile Email
March 11th 2009
« on: March 10, 2009, 05:06:43 PM »

Shawn Phase from Temp Sound Solutions recently released a new album called Now You're Playing With Powar 8: This Is Where I Usually Die. Wire plays guitar on track 7 - a cover of the music from the game Gimmick!.

Temp Sound Solutions web page

A review of the album

Temp Sound Solutions has unprecedented cult-status in the video game music cover community. If you haven't heard them yet you really should check them out.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 04:30:40 PM by Wire » Logged

cpczk
Heavy Mario

View Profile WWW
Re: March 11th 2009
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 07:11:24 AM »

Haha Wire of TSS!  I met Shawn Phase.  He visited San Diego just to watch an Unlimited Pineapple Club show (and to visit his girlfriend at the time I guess).  Interesting person, that guy.  Then he played his own show at a local smog shop, and I got to see his butt crack.

Wire
Administrator
Heavy Mario

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 01:21:51 PM »

Awesome. I met Shawn too! At MAGFest. I was extremely drunk and I think I said something like, "HEY SHAWN, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO HATE ME!" Because he really did hate me in the past.
I didn't get to see his butt crack though.  Sad(?) You're one step ahead of me on that one.

Linearity

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 07:17:41 PM »

That Gimmick track is one of my favorites from that new album. I can hear your playing style clearly.

I've been wondering since you mentioned a year or two ago that people at MAG didn't like you: why is that? Why did Shawn hate you?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 07:20:19 PM by Linearity » Logged
Wire
Administrator
Heavy Mario

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 03:19:32 PM »

I can hear your playing style clearly.
I hope that's a good thing.  Lips sealed

I've been wondering since you mentioned a year or two ago that people at MAG didn't like you: why is that? Why did Shawn hate you?
For some reason he thought Game Over were pompous assholes. Mainly because we charged $25 for a t-shirt and such things. He didn't realize the Swedish postage cost was (is) extremely high as well as screen printing etc. He (and a lot of other people) thought we suffered from some kind of rock star syndrome. I think he was just jumping to conclusions on a lot of topics. Maybe because the members of Game Over have never been very involved in the social community surrounding vg music?
But we buried the hatchet a long time ago. I think he realizes we're no different from him.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length